Here at Rodeo, we understand that parents have a hard time finding healthy snacks that their kids enjoy, but we want to make sure that you always have some healthy options in your pocket. We’ve created a list of 8 healthy summer snacks your kids will love.
We even asked our awesome office leader, Alicia Briseno, from our Zapata Highway – Laredo, TX location about her thoughts. “Fruit salad makes a great summer snack for kids. It provides so much variety!”
Some snacks in addition to fruit salad are:
- Watermelon on a Stick – slice watermelon into wedges and put it on a popsicle stick. Nothing easier than that!
- Banana “Ice Cream” – put some frozen banana chunks into a food processor and blend until you get a texture of ice cream. When it’s done, you can add other kinds of frozen fruit of your choice
- Apple Nachos – slice apples into thin slices and drizzle with melted natural peanut butter. If you want some extra flavor, sprinkle with cinnamon or chocolate chips.
- Caprese Kebabs – thread some mini mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and basil leaves onto a skewer and serve! Easy peasy!
- Mini Frittatas – whisk eggs, little bit of milk, pepper, and salt and then stir in the ham and cheese. Fill prepared muffin cups almost to the top and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Frozen Kiwi – peel a kiwi and slice into rounds. Slide a popsicle stick into one end and freeze. If you want, you can dip one end into the chocolate.
- Fruit salad – put various kinds of your favorite fruit (apples, strawberries, kiwi, peach, etc.) into a large bowl and drizzle with lime juice and honey dressing. Sprinkle with fresh mint.
- Fro-Yo Bark – spread yogurt onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with sliced fruit, nuts or mini chocolate chips. Freeze until firm, then crack into pieces.
We believe power is achieved through sharing and collaboration, so we hope that sharing these snacks will help empower you! Children’s health is of the utmost importance to us, and with these amazingly easy recipes you can always be ready when hunger strikes.