Whiter Teeth in Just One Hour!
Teeth whitening is now more popular than ever. At Rodeo Dental, our patients can achieve a whiter smile in only 45 minutes!
How is this possible? We use two different whitening systems for in-office bleaching treatments –the KöR Whitening Deep Bleaching™ system and the Opalescence® Boost power bleaching system.We also offer at-home bleaching options with both KöRand Opalescence products for those patients looking for more effective teeth whitening at home.
Professional bleaching offers a permanent, natural-looking solution to stained or yellowing teeth while also minimizing sensitivity to the teeth and gums. KöR and Opalescence are two of the most popular whitening treatments in the United States, and they provide some of the best results available today.
How Effective is Tooth Whitening?
KöR Whitening is thought to be the most effective whitening solution on the market, even for geriatric patients or for teeth with tetracycline (dark) staining – a previously untreatable condition. Most patients can brighten their teeth up to 16 shades whiter with the KöR system by combining one or two office visits with two weeks of at-home nighttime trays.
The Opalescence system offers a powerful 40% hydrogen peroxide gel that provides instant whitening in just 40 minutes. Results are dramatic with Opalescence, and this system is most useful for patients who want the whitest teeth possible with just a single treatment.
Not sure which option is right for you? Don’t worry, we can help you decide! Our dentists work with each patient to find the right combination of in-office treatments and at-home tooth whitening products that will achieve the best possible outcome.
How DoesTooth Whitening Work?
Mostin-office systems use a special light to activate thewhitening gel, although the Opalescence system is chemically activated (so no light is needed). An in-office treatment whitens the teeth more quickly and effectively than over-the-counter products because itallows the bleaching agent to penetrate deeper into the enamel. The result is maximum whitening results in the shortest amount of time. The process is also completely painless and does not require any shots!
Patients interested in professional tooth whitening will require two appointments – one for a consultation and one for the bleaching treatment. The consultation is important because it allows your dentist to discuss all whitening options with you and to create the custom trays for your bleaching treatment.
During the consultation:
- The dentist performs an exam to ensure you are a candidate for whitening.
- Once the assessment is complete, he or she will discuss bleaching options with you.
- Impressions are then taken of the teeth to create your customized whitening trays.
During the bleaching appointment:
- Your teeth are prepped for bleaching and the whitening gel is applied.
- You undergo one or two bleaching sessions, all during a single office visit.
- The dentist may instruct you to use at-home professional bleaching products for two weeks to achieve optimal whitening, or for ongoing maintenance.
The Benefits of Tooth Whitening
Both of the tooth whitening systems we use have been shown to dramatically reduce yellow teeth and to remove deep, hard to treat stains. In addition, the gels are made of a protective formulathathelpsminimize tooth sensitivity and prevent gum irritation.
- Safe and Effective – All of our professional tooth whitening trays are specially constructed to protect your gums. A custom tray increases the safety of your bleaching treatments (both in-office and at-home) by making sure the gel only touches your teeth.
- Low Tooth Sensitivity – Each company’s bleaching gel contains ingredients that help protect tooth enamel and reduce sensitivity. Opalescence contains potassium nitrate and fluoride to provide protection, while KöR contains a patented desensitizer to prevent sensitivity from occurring.
- Lasting Results – The Opalescence system provides dramatic results that last a very long time, depending on patient lifestyle. KöR’s unique delivery system offers permanent results that will last a lifetime.
At-Home Tooth Whitening Options
Many of our patients use professional-grade tooth whitening products at home. In fact, KöR has been shown to be the most effective when combined with at-home trays, so patients frequently use a combination of in-office treatments and at-home bleaching to achieve the best results.
Some of the at-home tooth whitening products Rodeo Dental provides from Opalescence and KöR include:
- Custom fitted daytime bleaching trays
- Custom fitted nighttime bleaching trays
- Desensitizing trays for unusually sensitive teeth
Our at-home products are used for only minutes a day or overnight while you sleep. They generally provide optimal results within 2 weeks.